Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Homestead

Had a really crappy day yesterday. Was absolutely livid about some people at work. So irritated in fact that I opted out of talking to them about it because I felt that I might not recover from my word vomit. So in an attempt to see if I can stay within our proposed food budget I carried my rant energy into Cub, then back home where I attempted a dry-rub rib recipe (hey beef was on sale) and then unleashed my pent-up rage on the house.

We have been unbelievably blessed with gifts from EVERYWHERE. People have been so generous and we have received almost everything we asked for on our registry. (Except my heart shaped waffle maker!) But now our house has become a slew of boxes and appliances. We have an appliance for every possible use. A popcorn maker, a rice cooker, a tea seeper, a coffee maker, a chopper, a blender, a toaster, a mixer and no counter space whatsoever!

So last night I may have lost it a little. I just couldn't take the disorganization any more, the sea of boxes was killing me. So I cleaned and unloaded and organized and reorganized until I felt the panic subside. (5 bags of garbage and half of the mini-van filled with cardboard boxes.) The house is still far from together, but it is now livable at least! So now my goal is to find a way to be that pissed off every time I leave work so that by summer time our house is our home!

(As a side note - for someone who has spent their lives between school/home/car for this many years it is really nice to be building a home with S. It is strangely comforting and simple and as weird as it feels from time to time it is all I think I've ever wanted and just never knew it!)

No comments: