Sunday, April 1, 2007

Goodbye 210 1/2

I am officially moved out. 3 days of moving in the rain and I am gone. (It is disturbing how much stuff I threw away and yet how much I still had to move!) I lived in that apartment for a good 2 - 2 1/2 years and really loved it. It was such a fluke that I found it and it was an amazingly good deal. (425 dollars a month for a awesome 1 bedroom apartment with garage in the year 2000? Come on!) The apartments (4 in total) were built on the top of an antique store in downtown Anoka. When I first moved in the ladies in the shop said there were some really neat pictures of legs hanging out of my front windows from when it used to be a saloon. (No such events occurred while I was a tenant. . . he, he!)



My first dweling out of college/home living was with a coworker that I met from Casablanca Coffee where I worked during high school/college. C was a little off, but had a great heart and offered the top part of her house for me to rent for 250 when I was freshly graduated from College. I really enjoyed the much needed separation from home but the living situation was not the best. They had a poorly trained pit bull that would terrorize the house and all of its occupants and about 3 months after I moved in they ripped apart the kitchen and then realized they did not have the means to fix it. So I ate almost nothing but fast food for the better part of a year and grew to hate dogs - okay well at least theirs. Thankfully when another friend from the coffee shop told C about an opening in her building she passed the information on to me. I went and saw it and fell in love.


Now for the last year as S and I have been dating I have not spent as much quality time hanging out at my place, but it was still sad to say goodbye to a place that was my home for so long. I loved the small-town feel of being able to walk to the bank, the grocery store, and having to pay my rent in person to the store below. It was the perfect place for that season of my life. It just so happens that I am ready for a new place - and that is perfect in its own way too.

Goodbye Anoka - Hello North Minneapolis! (6 more days to a new name!)

No comments: