Sunday, April 8, 2007

April 7th 2007

So here it is - the place where I became Mrs. B. The night was perfect. Simply perfect. I started the day moving at a quick pace. Early on I quickly finished my lesson plans and my grades for 3rd quarter. I ran out of the house by 9:30ish so I could make a quick coffee stop before meeting M and T at the mansion. Well of course T got lost, but we picked her up and got to the hair place with little trouble. First hair than make-up at the Ridgedale Mall. We returned to the Gale Mansion only about 25 minutes behind schedule and I got a little worried, but everything worked out fine from there on out. Everything - the photos, the music, the food, the family - everything.

Sometime during the hair appointment I made up my mind. I was getting flushed, not that "oh I am really excited and my cheeks are rosy", but the "oh you look like you just ran 30 miles in the sun" - and that is just not attractive. I was also starting to feel my stomach roll into knots. So I decided. I wasn't going to be nervous, I wasn't going to do all of this work and miss out on the day because I became bridezilla. Come on! I am marrying S - the love of my life, the man I know I want to spend the rest of my life with. What about that is going to freak me out?

So I didn't stress, not at all. Even walking down the aisle with my dad - in front of all of those people. Even repeating the vows or doing a wedding we had not rehearsed. I didn't have even that tense anxious feeling in my stomach. I was calm - I was centered and I had SO much fun - I enjoyed every moment of it. It was perfect - simply perfect.

No comments: