Thursday, July 12, 2007

gluttonous

I guess I feel entitled. School was hard this year. The wedding added a lot. Moving was a marathon. Grad school has been a continual battle. And I am tired.

So I guess I feel that I deserve to watch Law and Order rather than write wedding thank yous. That I am entitled to paint my toes instead of doing the dishes. I feel obligated to check Craigslist for free things that I don't really need, but feel no such obligation to do a load of laundry. All of my things are still in boxes in the basement, but I am convicted to move my hostas around until things are just perfect. I eat, and eat, and eat, but do not feel it necessary to wear off any of those calories. We are quite behind our budget with our remodeling and still I persist in my endless hosta pursuit. And not those crappy hostas at home depot - the good ones from Savory's.

I know it natural to need to relax - to take breaks in the midst of chaos. But I still can't help but feel guilty any time I stop because there is so much left to do.

No comments: