Monday, August 10, 2009

style- or lack thereof

So today, in order to avoid my bus duty again, (I usually only do this on Fridays, but since last night was so late and exhausting with the concrete, I felt I owed myself this break) I walked through the skyway to Macys. I intended to only look at the clearance and shoes, but I got sucked into the maternity clothes which happened to be right next to the dresses I was looking at. Initially, I thought I would just check to see if there were any deals on the clearance rack that I could use as mid-way clothes, as I already feel huge in my current wardrobe. Much to my dismay I got a little caught up in the racks and ended up trying a shirt and a dress on.

I left the section a little shell shocked. Much of it had to do with the maternity pillow that I just had to put on under my shirt, but some of the dread simply came from trying on the clothes. I guess I am reluctant to change my style for these 9 months, and I am unsure where that leaves me. I found some simply adorable heels downstairs in the shoes, but there was such a fear that I may not be able to wear them pregnant, that I left them.

Tomorrow, I find out if this baby is for real or not, and until then I am going to ignore these maternity clothes. After that- I will have to face this head on. . . .

No comments: