Thursday, August 20, 2009

clothes.

3 bags of clothes have been sitting in my dining room for a good chunk of time now. Today was the first day I ventured in to try some on. I have been reluctant, to say the least, about these odd clothes. Today M and I spent some time down in the galleria checking out Pea in the Pod- an upscale maternity store.

Again, I felt ridiculous trying on clothes, ridiculous strapping on that pillow belly, but for some reason, shopping with M made the whole process immensely better. M had called me indicating interest in going shopping with me for clothes, and I immediately jumped on the chance to hang out.

She gifted me two lovely shirts, and for some reason, those clothes- so cute and detailed- made me interested in trying to make this whole thing work. So I came home and opened up one of the bags to see what was there.

As a side note, most everyone knows now about the bump, and everyone is really, really happy for us. We heard the heartbeat again yesterday, and are at the 14 week point, which is nice. We are planning on heading up north Saturday morning for a small break- tonight? We are pouring concrete in the rain.

No comments: