Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Last Bits of Summer.

So Tuesday night we laid block, and Thursday we poured the remaining sections of concrete at the front of the garage. It was an exhausting schedule that nearly did us in at the end, but we wanted to get to a certain point by the start of September. We are both pretty determined to get the garage done. But we are also aware that it may kill us. sigh.

Last year after our marathon of work over the summer made me threaten S with some bodily harm if we did not take a small break- thus our trip to Duluth. This year, S asked where we were going for our vacation. So a big victory in the relaxing department for my husband! We did not want to make a trip too far away, so we decided to go up north. We spent one night in Beaver Bay at Cove Point Lodge which was nice.


Here we are hiking around the point out to Lake Superior. This picture was taken about 2 minutes before I suffered my first sprained ankle leaping over rocks in inadequate shoes. S had a small heart attack thinking I had hurt myself or the baby. I had a small moment where I feared I had broken my foot. Thankfully it was a mild sprain and I was able to make it back. Some icing later, it was much better.


After our first night, we drove up to Grand Marais to stay at this fantastic hotel right in the heart of downtown. We had booked two nights there, and since it was so close to everything we ended up just walking to everything. We had an amazing time and it was super relaxing. The second hotel was about 3 times bigger than the first and we were super pleased with the accommodations. It was like a mini house- just fantastic.
One of the best parts of the hotel was that it was right on the shore. We ended up on a first floor room that walked right out onto the beach. It was 15 seconds to Lake Superior. Beautiful weather, great food, super relaxing- all in all a fantastic break.

No comments: