Tuesday, July 14, 2009

home coming.

So today was my 8 week check up and confirmation appointment back at Clinic Sophia. I was a little nervous going back into the clinic because I had associated failure with that place for over a year. I had been working with Clinic Sophia for so long, that when we were transfered to the Center for Reproductive Medicine, I felt like in some way I had failed, that we were unwanted-kicked out- a reminder of failure in a world of pink and babies.

However, today was studded with nurses, doctors, and staff exploding with happiness for S and I. It was fantastic- and any uneasiness I had initially felt was quickly gone. From the check in lady, to the many nurses who worked with me, to the ultrasound doctor, as well as Dr. Block- the whole experience was just superb. I felt so welcomed and well taken care of- it makes me so happy for the experience I hope to provide for our child as they come into the world.

S and I are going to wait until after our 10 week appointment to tell our parents, and I can only hope that their reaction is as happy as the one I got today!

No comments: