Wednesday, July 8, 2009

frog.

So all in all- today, after all of the drama, went really well. I was so worried, so nervous, and mostly just sure that my change in symptoms about a week ago, had indicated that once again the baby had quit growing. We were thrilled to find that there was indeed a baby still growing in my belly. We also were so relieved to see its little heart beating- truly calming. (The doctor said there is only about a 5 percent chance of miscarriage at this point- odds we both like) S was so interested in what was going on that he quickly left his designated chair and almost crawled up on the table with me. One of the first pictures of the baby looked just like a frog to S and the nurse ( I had a harder time seeing!) so we are calling baby 1 frog. Baby 1 you say? Well, don't get too excited, we also had another implantation, but this baby is about a week behind in development. It looks like this one will most likely be absorbed back into the lining, so we'll see. I have my first appointment back at Clinic Sophia next Tuesday, and I will probably know more by then.

S did a "I knew there was a baby in there" dance almost instantly after the doctor left us so I could get dressed. It was insanely adorable. Me, I am still really in shock. I told S today, that this cycle has been me, convinced over and over, that we are not pregnant, shown that we are. And it has been a little hard for me to adjust to. I have to prepare a lot so that if the outcome is bad, I don't loose it right away. This also means, if the outcome is good, that it also takes a while to become real. So right now, I am chilling with my man and thinking. Thinking about all that will happen between now and February 21st!

No comments: