Thursday, July 23, 2009

fog.

I sit here in on the couch following the same routine as the last couple of weeks. I make it to work, I make it home, and then I collapse. Sometimes just tired or faint feeling, other times exhausted- passing out for hours at a time.

The house is in disarray. I simply don't have the energy to do anything. And supper, well, lets just say that it is day to day whether I can bear to look at uncooked food. And if I can, its another guess if I will be able to eat it.

This constant slug feeling has made it hard to get motivated about anything, and most days I feel that I am just wasting my summer away. Its nice to have this flex time before school starts up again, but it kind of stinks to have my break add up to sleep.

However, none of that matters at all if I am pregnant with Frog. And while all signs point to the fact that I am 9 weeks pregnant, my lingering doubt makes it hard to relax. This insecurity made me pull my first "crazy lady" move when I insisted that my 10 week appointment include an ultrasound. It is hard enough going two weeks wondering what is going on in my stomach, I cannot imagine going 4 weeks without truly knowing that Frog was ok. Since we plan on probably telling our immediate family on week 11 or so, it was essential for me to know, not just hope that things are as they should be.

Thankfully the ladies at Clinic Sofia were accommodating and we were able to add the ultrasound in, even if that means that we had to push the appointment back 2 days. So next Wednesday, I should be in a better place to know who things are going. Every week we pass decreases the chance that we will miscarry. I just need to keep going until we can reach 12- and then hopefully I can calm down a little.

No comments: