Monday, November 26, 2007

silence of the mind


silence: There really isn't time for complex thinking when you have Vegas right in your sights. Maybe its the ADHD, but all of that movement soothes me - and lets face it - Vegas is set to my schedule, stay up late, sleep in late, and eat all day long. What is not to love?
silence: Okay, so me and heights are not the best of friends, but there is something about looking into such enormity that makes you realize how small and dependent you are on God and fate. Don't worry so much. . . there is a plan. . . or at least - don't lean over the edge!



silence: Nothing will ever connect me to my center the way water does, but this sight while hiking up Mount Charleston was quite calming. It was so quiet up there with the wind blowing through the pine trees. Such desolation and closeness with nature brings clarity.


silence: I guess I can only write this here as the mention of it, if ever exposed to the vicious mass known as woman-kind, would invoke all sorts of drama. (Why do women hate to see other women happy?) I love this man and I cannot accurately describe how I feel for him. I cannot convey the way we just fit, the way we just work. I honestly was a little scared to vacation with S, because I worried that amidst the glory that has been our almost 8 month marriage, this would be the one area we would fail. Maybe we would hate each other on vacation. Maybe we would be unable to relax or enjoy the adventure that is trying to find home in a foreign land. But my fears were put to rest as I just was. I just was with S and he just was with me - and it was great.

silence: Maybe it is my heritage rearing its ugly head, but the highlight of the trip was the meal at Craftsteak. Being the reality t.v. fans that we are, when we decided to go to Vegas we decided to go visit the restaurant of Chef Tom Coliccio, who is a judge on the show Top Chef. We love Coliccio on the show, but nothing compares to his food. By far, the best meal I have ever had. The whole thing was outrageous(125 per person), well at least for poor us, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. The food sang. The pairings were beautiful, and the meal executed to a tee. The strip steak and the yukon gold potato puree were perfection, and I must admit that I gave up on all the other food, superb though it was and alternated back and forth between the two until I could not fathom eating again in this lifetime (well at least until desert!). I was so content in my company and the food, and so isolated from the distractions of work, school, and family. It was exactly what I needed and exactly what vacations are for.

No comments: