Thursday, May 17, 2007

Today

I don't have anything of value to mark down. Just feel like writing somehow. I am in the midst of the end of hell. Or the segue between hells. About 3 weeks left of school and things are hopping. Kids are nuts, I am nuts. Two talent shows, the learning fair, and a unbelievable amount of grading need to happen before grad school picks up for the summer and then ends in the midst of 6 weeks of summer school that I am teaching. I have 120 thank-you notes to send out, a bunch of gardening and some painting on the house that needs to be finished now that the siding is done.

So there. That's my life.

I am real worried about my dad. I wish I could see him more. He has the chance to get a really awesome job next year teaching drivers ed instead of the crap he had been engulfed in for so long. He looks so happy that he might be able to do this change that I really hope it doesn't get pulled out from under him. He has that Isakson mentality that good things are never for sure, but I can tell he really wants this one and I hope he gets it.

S is good. He seems more focused and relaxed at the same time. I guess I keep forgetting how long he was married before and how many things he must be getting used to with the new wife. Yesterday I had to have a little "come to Jesus" meeting with him. He had been using his personal money to pay for nonsense such as regular bills! Well we worked on that real fast. We went to Kohls and bought him some clothes for work (they're cheap but they're new!) and then together composed a list of things he could spend his money on. Seriously. He had been in the habit of never having any money to spend on himself that he had no idea what he would want. But now we have sorted it all out. I helped remind him that we are a team, and I hope he believes it.

So that's it. There's the news. That's my life.

No comments: