Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Meant to be. .

I remember vividly a conversation I had with S the associate pastor at our church. I don't quite know what brought it on, but she told me that she didn't think that people had soul-mates. I remember being quite struck by this, for some reason I always felt that Christians would be more likely to believe that each person had one special mate that god designed just for them. But not her. She actually if she had been born in Kenya or working in Australia she could have found person to be married to and be happy with.

I didn't know what I thought about that when she first told me, and I am not exactly sure now what I think. Granted we are definitely still in the honeymoon phase, but I am painfully happy with S. Could I be happy with someone else? Yes. I believe so. But could I be as happy as I am with S? That's where I get a little lost.

There are many fine looking simply wonderful people that I could be with. But would I feel the same way about them that I do S? And if S dies and I decide to get remarry (morbid, I know) would I be just as happy with the new guy because I would have been fine with both the whole time, or would I be fine with the new guy because he was the right man for me at that time?

Can't tell you why exactly this is on my mind, but with the onslaught of newly-married wedding advice, it just is. I guess I keep wondering if I have made the best choice of my life or if I just think I have. Apparently only time will tell, but I just can't seem to wait patiently. Shocker - huh?

No comments: