Wednesday, April 28, 2010

numbers.

At her two-month check . . . . . . Anyara is 9 pounds 11 ounces and 23 inches long! WAHOO! What that means to you fans at home is that Anya is growing- that nursing is working- and our child is growing! The relief of this is immense. It makes me 8,000 pounds less worried and almost a little confident about this whole parenting thing. Well, almost. So she is in the higher percentage for height, but lower for weight, so we are raising a skinny kid. Strange that I would have skinny kid.

She is changing so fast every day, developing into a little person. Her smiles are the best- they can make any part of the day better. I really, really don't want to go back to work and leave her- at all. I asked my mom if she would be willing to watch her during the 3 weeks when I go back to work. I was really nervous about it, not sure if she would be willing. However, mom has developed some serious gall bladder issues and will need surgery. I am pretty sure this puts the kibosh on that plan, and I am not sure where that leaves us. I really don't want to put her into daycare, but if there is no other option, that is what we will have to do.

As for the job, I have asked to take the 8th grade science position for next year. It is a little scary, but I feel it is the right direction to take. S has accepted his new job (which found him) and I have decided to take this job (which found me) and together we will start all of this newness with a small baby. Boy, life is interesting. God is leading us in new exciting and scary directions and we are along for the ride.

I finally healed enough for us to have sex and it was not as horrible as we had feared it to be. I was a little sore, but overall, it was just like before I was pregnant. That is a huge relief and seems to have opened up another section of me that I feared was lost to the world of baby. Its like one more piece of me back together. Sex with S is great, and was sorely missed. We had both heard so many horrible stories of how bad sex is after birth, and we were worried all was lost, but thankfully we are right on track to make Anya a sibling . . . some time in the future.

No comments: