Wednesday, December 9, 2009

other side.

I have pain on my right hip/pelvis area that makes me wince when I move. It also causes me to limp like a wounded duck down the hall at school causing people to wince in my honor. I move like I am 80. My sciatic nerve is apparently on the fritz.

A and B lost their second baby to miscarriage. T and his wife are doing the ovulation dance, and B and T are taking a break after their 5th attempt at invitro.

Our "baby room" has so much work left, the vents aren't working so it is freezing, the carpet needs to be ripped out, and so much detail work is left to be done. I am the size of a small house, and I don't forsee my life to be one where the baby weight falls off. Both families are getting closer and closer as the long awaited child gets closer and closer. Sometimes that is good, other times I worry for my ability to make the choices that I want for my family. Three baby showers loom in the month of January, but none of them ensure that we will have what we need.

And yet, I am so unbelievably happy. So happy that we are pregnant, that we can be. That today I got to hear her heartbeat at my 30 week appointment, that she shakes my belly with her constant movement. I am so happy, we are so blessed.

No comments: