Sunday, November 8, 2009

Host and Hostess.

So . . . . WE DID IT! S and I got the house fixed up and held the first ever get together at our house. We cleaned and repaired like crazy people- CRAZY people to get ready and it all came together last night. I made Paula Dean's pulled pork recipe, Martha Stewart's mac and cheese and the Neely's apple crisp. We had chips and beans, and A brought Aloo Pie. I made all of the food and it went over very well.

Beyond the food prep, we had about 12 people who jelled really well and who are typically pretty zen. People grabbed what they needed, and there was not one issue with keeping an eye on anyone. Everyone who came was family or dang near.

It feels like overnight we had gone from a shack with another shack in the back, to a beautiful house with a finished garage. It is truly amazing. I awoke today to a organized house and a feeling of calm I haven't had in a long time. It feels really good to be here. To have friends and family over to our house was one of the missing pieces. I am so glad we found it!

No comments: