Sunday, October 18, 2009

shy.

What do shy people do when they are pregnant? Seriously, I know that every time I walk into a room of people who know me, that my belly and its growth will be the primary topic of conversation. I typically don't give a shit, but even I had to feel a little odd when I went to meet my parents at Bonanza in St. Cloud. All eyes (and hands) were on the bump. It was the first opportunity that our family had to celebrate St and Da's birthday together as everyone but me was attending El's 90th birthday earlier in the day. I refused to go as it was a Konsor event, but was happy to meet up after. Even though it was Bonanza and St. Cloud, AND several mentally retarded guests. . . .I did really well. Being so close to Ed's birthday and all of those old memories I was nervous, but I didn't freak out- it was nice to see that those times are woven into my life rather than something I am hiding from.

On baby notes, I have been cleaning a lot lately. Su finishing up the stairs has really helped in that effort as now I can get up and down the stairs on my own. I have been scrubbing and organizing and moving things about. Part of this is the fact that we are going to have St and Su's birthday here at our house. I am a little nervous about that, but feel that we have made enough progress to get it all done in time to make the house presentable. The next big problem on the horizon is baby shower and baby registry related. But for now I am putting that off.

No comments: