Wednesday, September 30, 2009

female.

So today was our long awaited 20 week ultrasound. I was really apprehensive because I was fearing some horrible complication or problem. However, today was perfect. Every detail, every organ, every single shot they took of our little girl seems great! So the relief is tangible.

I totally thought it was a girl for some reason, but I have no way of knowing if it was blind luck or mother's intuition. We were shuffling a bit with the name for a boy (Kaleb or Kalev) but we know our girl's name choice: Anyara Evelyn Basant.

So there it is. We will be bringing a little girl into the world. I had to have a long ride home in silence to think/pray through all of the things I was running around my head. I feel excited to have a girl, I just know that it can be complicated at times to be female. So I think our job will be tricky, but very rewarding. My only hope is that we have only boys after . . he, he!

I can't express my gratitude at having a healthy baby thus far. It truly is a relief off of our shoulders!

No comments: