Friday, September 4, 2009

16 going on 17

So we are now four months. This duration of pregnancy has brought with it a calm that was missing in the previous months. I was still excited to hear the heart beat on our appointment this week, but my stomach is jutting out now to a point where it brings as much comfort as it does frustration. I have decided to try to opt of out maternity clothes as much as possible. In a world of plus sizes, it makes sense that I can a-line this tummy for a while.

We are heading to D's wedding tomorrow, and let me tell you, the wrap dress I bought months ago has been slowly shrinking with every time I put it on, and finally there wasn't enough to both wrap around and sit without baring my crotch. So . . . since that didn't seem like a good idea, I had been searching around. But since my belly is huge to me, but just flabby looking to others, it took a while to find one that would work.

Yesterday was the 4th grade open house I had been dreading. I am fairly excited to start this year, knowing that it will be different. But I was super nervous about telling parents. Really nervous. But it turned out that all my worrying was in vain . . . again. The parents were excited and even clapped when I announced my pregnancy. A little weird I must say. But that has been the response from the staff in general- just really happy and excited to meet the small one, and so am I.

No comments: