Wednesday, July 16, 2008

on my mind.

Other than feeling perpetually tired, and occasionally feeling all achy/crampy, it is hard to feel that I am really pregnant. Today after my hour nap after summer school (seriously I cannot go on without this nap, I tried to yesterday and spent the whole night looking and feeling like I got hit with a truck) I happened upon a show on TLC called "A Baby Tale." I awoke to a woman bent in a pretzel position screaming and sweating and hanging all out there. Her husband is coaching her, and the staff is giving feedback and tips to her as she wails in agony.

shit.

I have been really stuck on the initial phase of this journey. My progesterone level is a little on the low side, so I am taking a supplement, and since I am so early on in my pregnancy, a lot of my thoughts have been about the changes taking place in my body, and the hope that I am healthy enough to sustain this baby.

But now I am a little flung-forward. My biggest goals for the future months are to remain somewhat stylish (I know, I know. . .) and to manage school and the remodeling that still needs to be done. Now all I can think of is how to make sure that I can avoid the scene I witnessed this afternoon. I really am a pretty private person, so I will have to so some investigation as to how to not become a freak show. sigh.

(by the by, my sneaky father bluffed his way into finding out that I am pregnant. shithead! he, he!)

No comments: