Thursday, July 24, 2008

cravings.

So today after moving some of my summer school stuff to IDDS in order to be ready for the start of the second session of summer school, I developed a craving for a Milo's sub. Unfortunately, 1st trimester means for me that I am exhausted constantly, so my window for activity was limited and I knew that I could not make it to Eden Prairie, or to my computer to locate a closer Milios before my immanent nap. Desperate for sub, I snuck through the sky way level attached to the school, and ran up to the Erberts and Gerberts near the school. All the while my car was illegally parked, but I was so single minded, that I didn't care. Sub in hand I headed home. I consumed my Tullius sub (Double the amount of medium rare roast beef, graced with a taste of onion and topped with provolone cheese, tomato, lettuce, and mayo) with glee.

But it wasn't enough. At approximately 2:00 I called my husband and requested that he pick up Milios for supper. He brought home my number 10 with onion (Quarter pound of thinly sliced roast beef & Provolone cheese with fresh lettuce, red ripe tomatoes, and Hellman's’s mayo.) and I devoured it along with a much coveted pickle. However it wasn't until much later when my husband revealed that I had had my first pregnancy craving. Only 6 or 7 weeks along, I protested, the craziness is for much later. But very clearly, my husband pointed out that in the tenure of our relationship, I have never, ever, called and requested food. I pondered this for a moment, and the requested food, and had to agree- it was a pregnancy craving. shit.

(As a side, I am absolutely nuts about trying to figure out if I am still pregnant, every ache and twinge marked and evaluated. August 4th cannot come soon enough- I'm hoping to hear the heartbeat and then maybe not worry so much.)

(As a super side, I cannot handle not being able to not haul or lift anything!!!!!)

No comments: