Wednesday, February 24, 2010

bored like a chicken.

So I am now officially 40 weeks and 3 days- and still no baby. Part of me is really grateful because it is only in the last day or so that we have made the last finalizations. Just last night we finally put some bedding in the crib, cleaned the floor, and put rugs down. We have some little decoration stuff to do, but it is mostly liveable.

The other part of me is losing my mind! I simply can't take this waiting game. Now my level of discomfort is pretty mild compared with what others have had to deal with, so I can't be too upset, but I am worried about induction. Our doctor does not let pregnancies go over a week- and since we are really sure about the conception window- we are scheduled to be induced at 6 am on Monday, March 1st.. . . . unless she comes out on her own before then.

Since I have wanted a natural childbirth as much as possible, the thought of induction scares the life out of me. Not being in control is a big deal to me, and not being in control in medical situations could be my definition of fear. S and I both trust our doctor, and we understand the medical reasons why she wants to induce, it just is one of those things I need to work through.

So the last 3 days have been an endless barrage of people wondering why I am still pregnant, why I am still at work, and when the baby might pop. I am glad for people's concerns, but it is driving me a little batty. My long term sub has taken over my class completely, and for the last 3 days I have been down in the media center working on curriculum. Today, the entire 4th grade went on a field trip to the Science Museum, and I was hands down denied access. No one wanted to see me give birth there. So I am fighting boredom, restlessness, and impatience here at work. The weaker side of me wants to take a half day and go home and chill- but I will try to resist that impulse.

On another note, S is super excited and wound up for the coming of the baby. He is singing and shouting to the belly how it is time to come out. He is futsing with the monitors and making sure that the temperature in the baby's room will be ideal. He is so excited it is hard to focus him at times. It is really sweet. I just can't wait to put a baby in his arms and see what he does!

Plans for tonight? Stop at Target, grab some supplies, and hopefully some frames for the baby room. Then head home, move some garbage out and chill with my man while we wait for Anyara to figure out when she wants to be born!

No comments: