Thursday, January 28, 2010

notice of eviction.

Today was the first day of my entire pregnancy that I have thought, hey, it might be time to get this baby out of my belly. She is huge, and making my life the most uncomfortable I have been in 36 weeks. The thought of her being out is terrifying, but is seeming like a better bargain- at moments- rather than having her in. Sleep is trickier now, and the best part of my day is getting out of my work clothes and into my yoga pants and sweatshirt. However, since we still have a lot left to do, I need her to stick to schedule.

I was a little depressed about the amount of stuff left on our registry. Don't get me wrong, we have been so blessed with the endless amounts of gifts that we have been given. However, there are a number of large priced key items (crib, monitor, stroller, etc) that were still needing to be purchased. Some of them quite essential to the birth- such as the car seat- which the hospital will not let us leave the hospital without. Out of the blue, my parents gave us a large check that we can use where we need it. WHEW! Such relief!!! So tonight, we took the car up to get the alignment checked, and hopefully next week we will install the car seat!

I have my last shower this weekend, and it is the most nerve-wracking of all three as this is the mix of odd coworkers. I am so nervous about having people over to my house, but it will soon be over. Last week's shower was not the best as I had people in my house from 11 until 9:30- and I was exhausted. But no one beat up each other so it was ok. The shower was really laid back, but it made it hard to keep everyone happy and occupied for that time frame. In retrospect, I would prefer to have a little more structure than we had- but at the end of the day people willing to give our daughter stuff, is people willing to give our daughter stuff. So inconvience aside, we are good.

On a side note, every one looks at me like I am a time bomb. Every time I call my parents, they are worried that I am in labor, my principal keeps asking how dilated I am, and every wince makes S want to vomit. Literally. He told me the thought of me going into labor makes him want to vomit. (I think that is hilarious!) I guess its anyone's guess as to when I am going to pop!

No comments: