Saturday, January 30, 2010

3rd times the charm.

I had a really nice shower thrown by my old church friends. I had an ok shower last week from my extended family, but the work shower today- thrown by M and D blew them all away! The morning was a little stressful, as I was trying to get the house ready while S was trying to remove paint and sand the woodwork in the upstairs hallway and the baby room. The two activities were not necessarily cohesive and both of us could see the others point of view. It just didn't change the work on our plates.

M and D showed up around 10 and brought a feast with them. I really had no idea what the menu or list of events were- and only a rough idea of what the numbers would be. Part of my reason for having the last two showers at my house was to A: keep the house at a high level of clean despite exhaustion and demo, and B: to help get over my severe avoidance of having people in the house. Well, both were accomplished today as 24 people were in the house for the shower. GOOD NIGHT! And the food, wow the food was fantastic!

Beyond lovely, lovely gifts we were showered with compliments on the woodwork, the paint, the bathroom, my husbands looks and talent, as well as the manners of our cat. It was such a wild group of women that there was a constant hum of noise and everyone had someone to talk to. Even opening gifts wasn't so horrendous because there was a constant stream of dialogue which spread out the focus from just me to the group as a whole.

At the end of today I am glad about a number of things:
1. my husband
2. the generosity of the people in our lives
3. how amazing D and M are
4. how awesome it feels to get through all 3 showers
5. all of our hard work on the house
6. the upcoming birth of Anyara!

No comments: