Saturday, April 4, 2009

Break instead of breakdown.


The place we stayed at was adorable, the South Pier Inn was small and cozy and incredibly private. We were so close to Canal Park, but seemed worlds away. We chilled, ate great food, and spent time just being together without distractions.


Water is incredibly important to me, and I always feel so much calmer when I am around it. Being by Lake Superior was great.

The only sound on the beach was this crow. He was incredibly pissed, or incredibly happy- its hard to tell with crows.


This trip was spurred by my mini-melt down- and the break helped a lot. S told me I have to stop blaming myself for not being pregnant. I guess that is a little part of my father that I can't shake. I thought I was better than resorting to self-bashing when life does not go according to plan. It was disappointing, but good to know. Now I just need to keep it together until summer.

No comments: