Sunday, October 5, 2008

Blood.

I think it is really funny how a period can be fantastically good news, or the hugest inconvenience. For most of my life, getting my period was a sign of things I wouldn't be able to do during that week - swimming, hiking, going somewhere without my purse . . After I started having sex, however, my period was the most anticipated and most welcomed event. My period has always been really irregular, and with my overactive imagination, there was always a couple of weeks leading up its arrival, that would freak me out. Words could not describe the joy, that would accompany the sighting of that first blood. Whew! Married life has brought me back to that early irritation, as my period affects my sex options. Its funny how we seem so sex-starved by the end of that week.

I was really anxious waiting for the arrival of my period after the D and C. Not only was I not sure how long I would need to wait, but I was also worried, that we had accidentally gotten pregnant before my body had had a chance to fully reset. Thankfully, we didn't and I got my period yesterday. With this comes many questions, such as how much input I want from my OBGYN and how much I want to do this on my own. I also feel like S and I want a baby so much, that we should try right away, there is also, the thought of when the pregnancy would fall during the school year. Either way, there is much to think on.

No comments: