Friday, March 21, 2008

wrapped up.

So lots to say . . . the situation with my friend ended up "well." He still was quite damaging to himself, and it will take some time to repair all of the mess, but there is a lot of hope. I think I finally saw a glimpse of the old A. He had been down for so long, I didn't really realize how diminished he had been as of late. Now that he is on the mend, it has been really nice to see him regain his sparkle. (I don't think this is the right word, but you know what I mean!) Also, selfishly, he was really supportive of my interference, which I was soooo thankful for. With this slight hiccup, it feels like our friendship is right again.

I guess I am excited. I don't want to say it too loud - but I do think I am excited. Yesterday, I had my final meeting for my capstone. Yesterday was the nail-biting meeting where my primary advisor and my two peer readers, A and L, decide if my paper is close enough to done to sign off on it. Thankfully, due to some last minute revisions, it was. My advisor even said that he hadn't been ready to sign off until he saw my new version. I was/am much relived. It has been such a long process. And writing is such a struggle for me that I wasn't sure if I could pull it off. I swear that I have never been as aware of my ADHD (self-diagnosed) as when I was working on my paper. I really didn't enjoy the experience, but now that it the end is in sight I am excited. S and I are heading out of the country next Saturday - Domincan beware! I am going to do everything within my power to finish my revisions and turn in my paper before we leave - nothing could make my vacation better. Being me, I am also slightly nervous, the essence of who I am cannot help but wonder what minute detail I will omit, thereby fucking everything up. I hope that this might be one instance where I do not have to that dance- even though I definitely have the shoes for it.

No comments: