Wednesday, February 13, 2008

sign of the times.

I managed to hold my birthday a secret from my class until the very end of the day, when my kids came back from theater where A had subbed. He had somehow programmed them to preform this beautiful little monologue in chorus about how it was my birthday and that there was no way that A had told them about it. Suddenly the class was in a frenzy, how had they not known it was their teacher's birthday? The dreaded birthday serenade breaks out in a fairly unison key (it is an arts school after all!) and at the end of the "to you" one of my Jewish girl begs a version in Jewish and at least 6 kids pick up the call and sing to me the song they learned in Hebrew school. Hoping these will be the last notes I hear about my birthday for at least another year, the Spanish portion of my class breaks into "CumpleaƱos Feliz." Granted, the song sucks, but its a little refreshing in the remix!

No comments: