Friday, January 25, 2008

ketchup

Its been a while since I have posted, I have been in what I like to describe as a mid-year slump. In reality it the insanity of the last year creeping up on me. I don't always feel proud if it, but I know I need breaks and rewards to maintain my sanity. Since this year has been more of a marathon than a series of short and well-rewarded sprints, my sanity has suffered a bit. I have so much to do, but here is a short run down of life as it is:

a. I have spent unhealthy amounts of time reading a blog by the name of Dooce. Her site was mentioned on another site I frequent (A's wife) and I became obsessed with reading the entire catalog of her site. I finally caught up today. I have made a promise not to find any more blogs to read.

b. I have not finished my wedding thank yous. I know. I am a horrible person. HOWEVER, I have all of the notes written and have completed and sent all of the notes to the people at Oak Haven, but there are a good 30ish that still need to be wrapped/sealed/addressed. I have yet to be able to find enough calmness to find the will to do them. So there. I suck.

c. I am pretty fat, and seem to have no motivation to alter my state - not what I eat or the amount of movement I participate in. However, S and I are actively planning our part honeymoon to somewhere warm over spring break. Warm= exposed skin. I know this - and yet I still want to eat that gelatto.

d. I love S. Soooo much. I cannot describe how happy I am to be married to this man. He is amazing. He is nuts - but amazing. He has recently changed the color of the trim in the bathroom from "Antique White" to "Ivory" and his relief is tangible. He also put a good sized hole in the bathroom wall and then framed it in perfectly to accommodate the mirror vanity we found together at Menards. Life is crazy but good. More to come.

No comments: