Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree. . . .

It never fails. After acclimating to my family and adjusting to their unique form of insanity, people undoubtedly fall in love with the close-knit rhythm of my family. But after such proximity, there always comes the point where the comparison between my family and the family of the observer lead to trouble. Few of my friends have been able to be around my family without wishing their families were different - more like ours. I am never quite sure what to do with this revelation, because my family-ness was crafted by some very unique circumstances. I doubt without E's life and death my family would be the way they are now.

This Holiday season has brought S to this realization about my family and I am not quite sure what to do - what to say. We are all shaped by our pasts - and while I wish life had been easier for my husband, I cannot imagine how he could have become the incredible person he is today without his own struggles.

No comments: