Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Jitters Anyone?

Had a funny little information session at work this last week. In passing T remembered that I had my final dress fitting that day. K, our principal perked up his ears and commented that I must be getting wedding jitters. I replied - none yet - and he said that if I hadn't had them already I would get them soon. Being the cocky love-struck girl that I am, I asked, why?

Wow. Shouldn't have opened up that can of worms! Throughout the next 15 minutes I was bombarded with story after story of how liquor, cigarettes, and quaaludes were used in order to allow people the nerves to get hitched. After the whole ordeal I was stunned. Does no one get married without being properly altered?

Fuck it. I love S. I have never felt so sure about anything. Ever. My life has never before followed the pattern of others. Why should it start now? I am going to marry S and feel fantastic about it. And should the "worst" occur, I have a nice fall back plan. (he, he!)

No comments: