Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A moment of peace.

Today is the second day home with Anya, and the 4th day of her croup episode. She is doing much better today, and looks like she will be back at daycare tomorrow. Today she has wavered between okay and still needing a lot of attention, but either way it has been a nice day. I have been on movement lock-down since the doctor said I had 3 weeks to bring Kalev's weight up or bedrest. So I have been doing the minimal around the house and today, I took the opportunity to clean off a bench and a table top that has been bothering me for some time.

Tomorrow, we go to find out how the baby is doing and what the plan is for the rest of the pregnancy. Tomorrow we all head back to work and daycare and the normal grind. Right now she is upstairs sleeping and I have this small moment to chill. It is never nice to have a sick child, but S and I have both enjoyed the extra cuddle time with Anya over the last few days. It makes me want to freeze this moment before we are a family of four for just a moment longer. I am so excited to see Kalev, and to see Anya and Kalev together. But if I am honest, I know how much work it is going to be with two kids and work. So for now, I am content to chill in this moment and enjoy life as it is. I can only imagine my life 3 months from now.

No comments: