Friday, June 20, 2008

gunshots.

I had had a relatively short bout of niceness in the neighborhood after my encounter with the paint ball drive by. Passerbys have been very supportive and complimentary of our work on the yard. Tonight all bets are off. There have been 2 episodes of gunfire in the last half hour and then a group of kids ran up into our backyard fighting. I ran outside to make sure they had not harmed our grass and to make sure they knew I was there and would call the cops if they persisted. I am aware that the growing season is a good two weeks behind, some of my plants are only now making themselves known. These neighbors being closer to animal then human are probably responding to this delayed time table as well. I hope that tonight is an anomaly, but my fear is that this is only the beginning. sigh.

No comments: