Monday, January 22, 2007

Too good to be my truth

I hate to even write this.

It really is going to bite me in the butt, I'm sure.

But I will say it - I am really having a good time planning our wedding - fun even! The process, abbreviated as it is (New Years to April 7th!) has been going really smoothly. Even too smoothly. It is the January 22nd and there is nothing much left. Just trivial things. (you know marriage license, wedding rings, he, he) My man and I have been on the same page on every decision, we have been led to fantastic people and vendors. Recommendations have proven fruitful and we are putting together a gathering that reflects us.

So far - so good.

But at the brink of sleep logic intrudes. I know weddings are supposed to be stressful- a mess- a possibility for estrogen attacks of gigantic proportions, the material of urban myths. And yes, there certainly is time and ample time for things to unravel. But this "wedding thing" so far has been really exciting. Really hopeful and motivating. Scary, yes. But overwhelmingly fun to talk about with others, to bounce about ideas for, and to debrief about with veterans.

So I may now be plagued with wedding peril from every direction- but nothing can erase the 22 days of bliss previous. Winds of fortune - bring it on.

(knock on wood)

No comments: